by Debra Harper, 2018-10-18T15:54:37.000-07:00October 18 2018, at 03:54 PM PDTPeewee A2 Chiefs had an awesome weekend in our annual Thanksgiving home tournament, placing first in the roun... [more]
Coquitlam Minor Hockey is seeking a Tournament Director - immediately
Posted by Debra Harper on Aug 22 2018 at 10:34AM PDT
AMENDED – as it appears this was not sent out to all members, the deadline to apply has been amended to August 31.18
Coquitlam Minor Hockey is seeking a Tournament Director
The CMHA Tournament Director is a commission based position that will administer, plan, and oversee the tournament system within CMHA. The TD will be the first point of contact for tournament registrants, vendors, sponsors, and divisional Tournament Coordinators.
1) Comprehensive knowledge of PCAHA Rulebook and tournament procedures; CMHA Policies, BC Hockey Rules and Regulations;
2) High degree of skill in organizing and managing spreadsheets required for scheduling sheets of tournament ice and registrations;
3) The ability to work effectively on an independent basis and time management must be flexible. Skill in this area must be outstanding;
4) Detail oriented;
5) Must be level headed and able to resolve conflicts in effective and sometimes creative manner while maintaining professionalism;
6) Excellent working knowledge of MS Office programs, particularly Excel, Google applications and online spreadsheet applications;
7) Must be comfortable and familiar with budgeting, some accounting background is preferred and
8) Event planning is an asset
1) Plan each year’s tournament timeline & overall design
2) Work closely with the Ice Allocator and City of Coquitlam to obtain required ice;
3) Serve as Head Registrar for all tournaments
4) Recruit & train Tournament Coordinators to execute the plan for each division’s tournament.
5) Provide accounting support for tournaments
6) Create profit for teams
Hours and Compensation:
To set up the season’s tournaments, the time investment could be up to 20 hours a week for a month or two. Ongoing, there will be up to 15 hours a week after the set-up period, per month. This position will be commission based and remuneration will be based on tournament profits. This is a pilot program which will be reviewed in April 2019.
Expressions of Interest and Timelines:
Please send your expression of interest highlighting your skills relevant to this posting to CMHA Secretary email@example.com no later than August 31,2018. You will receive a reply confirming receipt of your application.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be responded to following the initial receipt response.
This position will be expected to start immediately upon notification to the successful candidate.
The document CMHA_Tournament_Director_Position_-_posting__1_.pdf was attached to this post.
News & Announcements